Toolchains adventures - Q1 2022

Frederic Cambus April 01, 2022 [LLVM] [Compilers] [Toolchains]

This is the fourth post in my toolchains adventures series. Please check the previous posts in the toolchains category for more context about this journey.

In Pkgsrc land, I packaged and imported pax-utils, and updated mold to the 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.1, and 1.1.1 versions. Since version 1.0.2, mold can now link NetBSD object files thanks to work done by pho@.

I also committed upstream fix for CVE-2021-45078 in binutils to fix an out-of-bounds write, and imported our NetBSD/aarch64 support patches for ld from the NetBSD's src repository. This fixes the build on NetBSD/aarch64. I then updated the package to the 2.38 version which was released in February.

I don't have much to report on the LLVM side, I only made two documentation related commits this quarter. However, I have a few things I plan to look at, so I should hopefully have more to report next time.

Besides that, I've been mostly busy reading different material, and adding a lot of new resources to

That's all for now, happy Spring 2022 everyone!

LLVM commits:

2022-03-2345c6738[compiler-rt] Remove forgotten mention of SVN modules, LLVM now uses Git
2022-03-21bc01d8f[compiler-rt] Remove mentions of AuroraUX in code comments and docs